Friday, November 13, 2009

The Sucky Snow Whiners

It happens every year around the end of September: Bend's skiing and snowboarding population starts whining about the snow. Or, more precisely, the absence of it.

"Waaaah, waaaaah!" goes the whine. "When is it gonna snow? When are we gonna get our snow? We need some powder! Waaaah, waaaaah!"

(In fact true powder snow is pretty rare on our local mountain; we're more likely to get the heavy, wet, sticky stuff known as "Cascades concrete.")

Ironically, many of these same people complain when I gripe about Bend's sucky weather. "If you don't like it here, Blackdog, then move!" is the typical line.

Well, as for moving, I'm working on that. In the meantime, YOUR damn infantile whining about the snow irritates the hell out of me. If eight months of winter isn't enough for you and you want 12 months of snow, move to Fairbanks.

Meanwhile, just STFU. Please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa so true. This place sux big time. I am trying to get out too! I am so sick of all the granola eating, birkenstock wearing, stellar people. I think their all on dope! Most unfriendly people I've ever encounter and so serious. Crack a smile Bend!