Friday, October 23, 2009

Catchin' Up With the Suck

Blackdog has been goofing off for a couple of days, so we have to play a little catch-up.

Wednesday was a somewhat sucky day: temps in the low 60s (although the wind made it seem colder) and mostly cloudy skies, with occasional "sunbreaks."

Daily Suck Index for Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2009: 3

Thursday was an almost perfect fall day -- temps in the low 60s, not much wind, almost cloudless. If it had been a little warmer Blackdog would have given it the coveted (and rare) 0 rating. As it was ...

Daily Suck Index for Thursday, Oct. 22, 2009: 1

Suck-free and almost suck-free weather doesn't last long in Bend, and sure enough, suckiness returned today. Heavy clouds, no sun, occasional drizzle, temps in the mid-50s.

Daily Suck Index for Friday, Oct. 23, 2009: 4

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gonna take a lot of dedication to keep up the whining and complaining about the weather for a year. I will be surprised if you can maintain the required level of effort. But I could be wrong, I could be wrong. I believe we took a bet a while back about how long I would manage to stay in Bend before bailing. I'm interested in making a wager on whether you have the fortitude to Negative Nancy about the weather a full year. But before making such a wager, I'll need to take the measure of the man I am wagering against. It's time to meet, eye to eye, my friend. Downtown Bend. Pine Tavern or JC's. Any weeknight of your choice next week.

The next move is yours, sir.

H. Bruce Miller said...

Hey, Positive Pollyanna, I haven't been whining and complaining about the weather all the time; a number of days have gotten low suckiness scores (0, 1 or 3). I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

As for your invitation -- or is it a dare? -- how about 5 pm Wednesday at the Pine Tavern?

Anonymous said...

Yer on, Blackie.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.